The DIN, Berlin

100 Years of Norms and Standards

DIN – the Deutsche Institut für Normung e.V. is the privately organised service provider for standardisation in Germany. The DIN was founded in 1917 as the standards committee for German industry.

The headquarters of the institute is located between Burggrafenstraße and Budapester Straße in the Tiergarten district of Berlin. Frequent extensions were made here in several construction phases since 1965 – and the collection of buildings was completed in its current format with the inauguration of the Alexander-von-Humboldt building in Budapester Straße in 1999.

In 2015 the DIN was extended with a modern, generously proportioned conference room. Mobile partition wall facilities, conference rooms and a video conference room meet all the technical requirements. The networking of individual and central functions is realised consistently with KNX technology from JUNG. All this can be easily and intuitively operated by means of the F50 push-button sensors in white from the LS 990 range.

所用设计和技术